12 month old with fever?

My 12 month old has had fever on and off for about 3 days now. At one poin in time it was 103.1. Its not constant, she has no vomitting, doesn't seem like she is having pain except she is always chewing on something!!! Is she just teething or should I worry about something else??

Annette4797

Asked by Annette4797 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually babys dont run that high of a fever just teething. I would have make a doctors appt. and get her checked out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• sometimes kids get ear infection when teething there is no scientific proof that one leads to the other but it happened to both my kids when their molers came in and I see it a lot in other peoples kids too! so I'd give her tylenol/motrin and go see your pediatrician this week to check her ears
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• call the doctor. A fever for that long is not good. Are you giving Tylonel? If she has a fever of 102 or higher with Tylonel, she needs to get seen ASAP. Babies do tend to get fevers with teething ( both of mine did, anyway) but not that high. I would call the doc first thing, as soon as they open.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have been giving Tylenol and Motrin. It brings the fever down. She has been playing, eating and drinking great. I will call the doctor in the morning and wee if they want her to go in. She only ran that high of a fever only once and all the rest of the time has been 100 or lower. Thanks everyone!!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009