What does the Doctor do?

I am 37 weeks according to one due date and 36 weeks to another My next app is Wednesday and i will start going every week i was wandering what the doc will do at this app he said that i i was gaining to much weight to fast that they would look into it. What did the doc due to you at your 37th week visit?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they will probably put you on a strict diet thats all
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• checked my cervix, urine and heartbeat.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well for me, they did everything like usual, but they also checked to see if I was dialated yet. Although, with my first, I went into pre-term labor at 7 months and had to be put on bedrest, so they checked me at every visit. (I managed to stay pregnant until 38 weeks with her) With my second, they started checking to see if I was dialated because my first was early. My second ended up being born at 371/2 weeks. So I'm not sure if they check everyone that way,but I would expect it.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• they checked to see if i was dilated.. and i wanted them to check me EVERYtime so that i knew if i was progressing or not.
    it wasnt until the very end that i dilated to 1.. then my last apt, a day before my due date my midwife stripped my membranes.. i didnt know she planned on doing it, she just did it. they did it to my mom, she said it was very painful, bleeding, and it didnt put her into labor so she told me not to let them do it.
    but i spotted later (thought it was from being checked), then started having contractions a few hours later, the next night i was holding my beautiful little boy!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Checked to see if I was dialated, checked blood pressure, weight, urine, heatbeat, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• check to see if ur dialated or effacing and check the heart and urine
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 11:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Basically the same as usual, except they start checking you for dilation.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009