• In the Spotlight:

Any suggestions for books that my first grader can get from the library to keep up with her reading?

IMSum1

Asked by IMSum1 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter loved Junie B Jones when she was in first to third grade
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Depends on her reading level. Try www.readkiddoread.com Or go to Barnes and Noble kids section and check out all the different books that they have for her level.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• junie b. jones forsure or maybe even some arthur books.
    i used to take my daughter to the public libaray and let her pick out a couple books of her choice, the ones she thought were interesting (of course the ones with the pretty covers lol) but yeah she would just borrow and get new ones every few weeks :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son (2nd grade) loves Captain Underpants lol. Some girls might like that!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Beverley Cleary books are great. My son loves "The Mouse & the Motorcycle."
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Depends on her reading level. My son is going into 2nd grade he is reading Harry Potter. Other kids could be reading first reader books. You should have been told her reading level. I would use that and find books that work for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ask your daughter. She knows what she's interested in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Take your daughter to the library and pick out books together. Before you leave the library have her read the first page or two of the book. If she can figure out most of the words, then that is the book to et and try. It takes a few extra minutes, but this is advice given to me from my grandson's teacher.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 6:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ask your librarian about Cam Jansen books. My librarian recommended them for my son and he likes them.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• BOB Books r great my kinder is readin them.
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009