Let me ask you this..might be TMI...but here ya go..

My niece is 16 years old and just confided in me about what has been going on between her and "this man". ..Last summer Alana went away to summer camp and at the camp, there was a counselor named Tim. Now Alana and Tim became friends on Facebook right after camp was over and what I thought as a harmless relationship, developed into a frightening nightmare. About a month ago, Alana came to me scared and very upset. She didn't want to tell me what was going on, so she sent it to me in an e-mail...great. It was a years worth of "facebook chats" from this man, to my niece. Things like "I want me inside of you", "I just wish you could see how hard I am for you", "I wanna lick your *****", "I want you to lick my cock all night long..." Horrible things like that. Plus, he's always asking her what she is wearing and asking her sexual things. I am starting to get upset. VERY UPSET. She never responds back, ever.

What should I do? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call the cops
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Report his ass to the police.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 11:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• well first of all get Tim FIRED before he hurts someone...
    axe her Facebook account like TOTALLY get rid of it and completely disappear for about 6 months
    also notify the police get a restraining order just in case and I wouldnt let her walk home alone or anywhere alone for a while until you know this guy is outta here
    things like this are why I'm thinking Karate is a better choice then Ballet for my kiddo??? ya got me thinking
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wow,do your really need to ask?!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Report it to the police NOW, they will take care of it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• CALL THE COPS YO!!!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I am the OP to this, and I would like to clear this up, first of all, I ran out of room, so I couldn't post everything that I wanted to say. Second, my niece came to me, scared out of her fucking mind, horrified and I'm glad she confided in me, but I was unsure of how to handle the situation. After we talked about it, she said, "promise you won't tell, I don't want to make him mad". And as an adult, I told her that something had to be done, or else he might hurt some other girl, maybe younger than you. I did call me police, I was an ANON caller, and they said that, that is considered sexual harassment and it was up to HER if she wanted to press charges. Not up to me, or anyone else for that matter. BUT, the founder of Facebook as been contacted by the police, getting all his information (phone, address, email, etc). I ask you, please be kind with your words, this is very difficult to watch her go through this. She is only 16..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If she met him out of town and he lives far enough away that their only contact is facebook, then I don't see why she's so scared. Granted, she could be in for some scary scrutiny from her parents, but if she hasn't written back, she should be in the clear. He absolutely needs to be reported. You've taken the first steps now she needs to press charges.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yikes! This doesn't sound good. I'm sorry for your niece and you for having to go through this. My advice, take Alana with you to the police station, sit down with an officer and calmly take her through the process. If she gets uncomfortable, leave, no problem...at least you tried. Or, have an officer come to your home and talk in a more familiar environment that she is comfortable in. This is scary, but like you said, this should be stopped before he hurts someone else. Good Luck!
    samantham76

Answer by samantham76 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• O.K. so have you reported him to the camp? Also, she needs to be off facebook. I know she will take it hard but for her own protection, she needs to disappear from the internet until she is an adult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009