Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be pissed or ecstatic??????

Long story short, I am fighting for childs sup. and all of a sudden my successful ex-husband is no longer working, lost contracts because of the economy etc. I KNEW he still has his $60K a year contract but I couldn't prove it on my own. Well, I called his security cell phone at this contract the other night from my new number and low and behold! It was MY VOICE on the V/M as usual saying "thank you for calling ***** Security Services". Well that really means nothing he could have just kept that phone on. Well I just called it again and a frickin' guard just answered! Yet Ex is saying he has NO work and NO contracts! IDK what to do to prove to the court. I have thought of video taping myself on speaker phone calling this contract to show the judge. I have that magicjack phone and the number you dial comes out on the comp. screen and it would have the date on it and everything. What should I do to prove it?


Asked by Mamasita98 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • The only bad thing is you can't record without telling them. If you don't, then you can't use it in court. Is it a cell phone or a land line? Is it a corporation? If it's a corporation you can prove it's active by looking it up online. Or look up the phone number and see what comes up.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • I would be pissed, because if he is getting paid under the table, there is no way to prove it.

    Answer by JnCV at 11:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • im sorry i would be mad to

    Answer by Lacrisha at 11:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • This is the thing JnCV, this contract is definitely NOT under the table, the property is owned by a very reputable company. I think that he is so desperate and stupid that he even lied to his lawyer! His lawyer is adament abuot his client not working. When I told lawyer a white lie and said "I called and asked for him and they said he wasn't there yet", well low and behold I get served with papers asking me to produce douments, journals, diaries, calanders, audio, video all kinds of crap.

    Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • It is a coporation and I need to look up the secret recording laws here in california. Everything is still in his corps name, he is just claiming he lost all contracts.

    Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • It is ILLEGAL to recored someone without their knowledge. I would suggest simply handing over the info to your lawyer and let him/her do the job. That is what you pay him/her to do. Good luck.

    Answer by ronjwake at 11:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • It is illegal in SOME states to record someone without their knowledge. In Wisconsin, only 1 of the parties needs to know that the call is being recorded. Check your state laws before you record anything. I would also give the info to YOUR attorney and let them take care of it.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • I have no lawyer and I have no money to pay one to do this. Thanks Tyfry, I agree with you wholly. I know there are states where it is NOT ILLEGAL.

    Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • p>California prohibits telephone monitoring or recording, including the use of information obtained through interception unless all parties to the conversation consent (California Penal Code Sections 631 & 632). There is no statutory business telephone exception and the relevant case law all but excludes this possibility. California courts have recognized "implied" consent as being sufficient to satisfy the statute where one party has expressly agreed to the taping and the other continues the conversation after having been informed that the call is being recorded. Violation is punishable by a fine of up to $2,500, impri

    Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 4, 2009