How do you tone a specific area in 4 months?

I bought a dress for my daughter's wedding, maybe. It fits, but is really tight. I can zip it up no problem to about my bra strap in the middle of my back, then I need someone else to "push and pull" the zipper closed! It is tight enough to be able to see my belly button (unless I buy one of those Spanx things) but otherwise it fit and only cost $19.99! I just couldn't pass it up! I figured I could lose a few more pounds, but I still have that "roll" in my back. Will it go away with just losing weight, or do I need to do some specific exercises to tone up this area?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 11:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• try some yoga. rodney yee has a couple really intense yoga work outs that helped me shed at least 20 pounds and really make my body look sleak.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Count calories...limit yourself to 1200 per day....burn the calories you eat through some type of activity (not just sitting*smile*) and you will lose weight. This website has a great calorie counting tool and calendar: http://www.everydayhealth.com/ Good Luck!
    KnottyMomof1

Answer by KnottyMomof1 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, you must try to drop a couple of pounds. TRUST ME. If it is fitting that tight, you will be so uncomfortable during her wedding and you may even have a very embarrassing wardrobe malfunction! Imagine that. Definitely buy the spanx. The right undergarment CAN solve the back problem. But if that doesn't do it and you are unsuccessful in dropping a couple pounds (easier said than done), then I strongly suggest you have a back-up dress on hand. Also, a week before the wedding, limit your salt intake. It will take off a little water weight. Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009