Stessed Husband

I'm sick of my husband. I love him very much but I can't seem to tolerate him anymore. He is a nice hearted man, but complains TOO much. He is one big stress ball! I know he doesn't see his behavior, I try to point it out, he calms down but it doesn't last too long. He is a very stressed man, but puts the stress upon himself. He gets mad over the littlest things, and I need it to stop.
I don't think I can handle it anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you talked to him about it? Have you sat down and talked about solutions (whether they be long-term or short-term) to the causes of stress? This may help. So does sex :) It's not an oddity to hear that someone is stressed in this day and age. And it would be really hard if he was showing signs of depression or an anxiety problem to get him to go to the doctor, but that should also be considered.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• so what do you plan to do? ...kill him?
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i am going through the same thing with my husband. he has finally seen how his behavior was upsetting me and the kids. started going to see a counsler last week and is going to be going every week for the for seeable future. also going to attend some anger management course. maybe you could lightly suggest he try that. i havent noticed a vast improvement but then again it has only been a week. heres hoping our husbands stop being so depressed and stressed. gooodluck!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• This sounds like the same scenario that killed my fiance's previous marriage. He became consumed with the issues of his work, the house all the stresses of life. He and his ex withdrew from each other over the years. She fell in love with someone else and left him. He never saw it coming and was pretty crushed. He really examined his life and how he contributed to the failure of that marriage. With me, he's a changed man. However, I can sometimes see the weight of the world creep up on him. But instead of withdrawing like his ex-wife did - I reach out to him. Remind him what a wonderful and capable man he is. I tell him how much I love him and value him. He is always surprised how much I change his whole mood when he feels stressed and he is able to relax.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Where there is a problem - there is a solution. I'd talk to him and tell him that something HAS to change. Try to work on all the problems he is stressed over. Sort them out, prioritize and make some changes. Tell him not to sweat the small stuff. Some things are just not worth the stress. Also, make sure he knows sincerely how much his behavior affects you and the kids. Good luck!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We must be married to the same man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Maybe he needs time to destress before coming home. Would it be possible for him to stop at a gym/healthclub and work out before coming home? Maybe lift weights, run the track.... something that would give him an outet.
    Wether that would be an option or not, I still think you need to talk to him. Let him know that he is going to end up with ulcers if he does not stop stressing over everything. Make lists, figure out what is important and piroritize.
    He may even want to consider seeing a therapist and learn some stratagies to manage his stress.
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2009