• In the Spotlight:

Im not sure but I think this maybe just be diaper rash?

I was changing my son today and here for the past 2 weeks he has had a LOT more bowel movements in one day. Well I went to wipe his hiney and it is all red down the middle of the crack. Is this just a diaper rash, or what? I am putting butt paste on it also have used desitin and baby powder...anything else I should be putting on?

My son is teething so this is the cause of so many dirty diapers in one day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like diaper rash. Mine always got horrible diaper rash when he was on antibiotics that caused diarrhea. I'd definitely keep an eye on it though, b/c it could be a yeast diaper rash and that will need a special cream.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• you really shouldnt use baby powder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• A lot of babies get a red hiney and loose poop when they are teething, so it could be the acid in his poop that is irritating his skin. Just make sure you clean it good, and put some cream on it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009