boy parts

anyone had to have your sons boy parts pulled back? when can you give them a bath again? how long until they stop screaming when you clean it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is circumcised so I don't have to pull it back. I just scrub like I would scrub myself.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• what do u mean by "pull it back"?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my son is circumcised but he is a rollie pollie so his weight pushes on his peepee causing it to look like its not. I pull the foreskin back (dr. told me to) and wash with water. He doesn't cry or anything. Just squirms around a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• He is circumcised. it started to grow back and the dr pulled the skin back it looks sore and fresh again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If it causes that much pain don't do it. I know I wouldn't like anyone ripping on my genitals. If he has a lot of foreskin left you and there are adhesions you can ask for a cream to seperate the glands from the foreskin. I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My understanding is that you NOT pull the foreskin back on an infant until after 6 months of age-- the skin is too delicate.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son's started to grow back together when he was 2 months. The doctor had to pull it back and yes it hurt my poor baby. It was raw for several days and she said to pull back the skin, clean it then put vaseline on it every day. I would do that every diaper change for the first week. Then about every other diaper change, then I would vaseline on it once a day (at night, when he goes the longest w/o a change). She day to keep pulling it back so it wont grow back together. I don't want him to ever go through that again so I do everyday.
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If he is intact, you never ever pull it back. It is fused to the head as a fingernail is to the nail bed. In it's on time it will retract on its own, any age up until the kiddo is a teenager. If he has been circumcised and he is getting adhesions (where the foreskin tries to heal itself back to it's original state) do not tear or retract these. It will just cause your little guy more pain and possible infection since it is re-opening the site. It will retract on its own in its own time. I am sorry you and your little one are going through this.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 6:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009