do ya have a austist child that afriad of noise like fireworks or fire please get back love to hear from u

please get back to me

heidianna

Asked by heidianna at 10:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Health

• Check into sensory intergration disorder. These symptoms are classic signs of a child with this problem.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• HMMM... MY OLDEST USED TO BE SCARED OF FIRE WORKDS.. AND THE BLENDER AND AEROSOL SPRAYS AND.. HHEHE.. ANYTHING THAT MADE NOISE.. HE IS NOT AUTISTIC BUT HE DOES HAVE ADHD..
    Pooobaihr

Answer by Pooobaihr at 12:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Its not uncommon for an autistic person to be afriad of noise at all. I had a student who was afraid of the blender! I think it just goes along with autism.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son gets scared of loud noises to but if I warn him it's coming and to cover his ears first, when the noise first starts. Then he can pull his hands away from his ears for the remaining loudness. Like sirens at the 4th of July, and when the fireworks first start up.
    simplysarah77

Answer by simplysarah77 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My 9 yr old Aspie DD is terrified of thunder,and sometimes when her sibs are yelling loudly she'll cover her ears.
    sunshynemom71

Answer by sunshynemom71 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I taught an Aspie girl who definitely did not like loud noises. From what I understand, this is a common feature found in autistic children.
    coyotemama

Answer by coyotemama at 8:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son does not have autism but is very frightened of loud noises. I have a friend who works at an occupational theropy and she doesn't think my son has it. That is really his only "symptom" for lack of a better word.
    We went to Nemo on Ice and it really wasn't that loud but he complained the whole time so we covered his ears with our hands. I am going to get him ear plugs for the 4th!
    mrs_hartline

Answer by mrs_hartline at 8:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2008