Why do I feel smart about things I know and dumb about things I don't?

I hate how that works out!

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Having a child can make you feel really out of control. You realize how much you have to learn!

You sound like an intelligent woman, who knows to look up on the web for answers, as well as talk to your parents who "have been there".

So, you ARE smart in the fact you ADMIT you don't know EVERYTHING.

Good for you, hon.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's all in your confidence level! You feel dumb because you just don't know what the answers are or what to expect (like in an upcoming job interview). As soon as you start researching things and finding out about how they work, what to expect, etc. the knowledge makes you less anxious and more confident. If this is a retorical question, my answer still stands! lol
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i know what u mean b4 i had kids i was a know it all little bitch and now im am lost and ask for help all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wish I was one of those people that when I realize I don't how to do something, I would try and learn but now that I am 40 I just kind of gave up. Case in point, why don't I just learn how to work on my car instead of procrastinating and throwing my hands up in the air. On the other hand, the things that I am good at....I LOVE the fact that I am good at them and I feel like I'm all that.lol
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well how I understand your question, you are smart in the things you know and dumb in the things you do not know. Your answer is this, research the things you do not know and then you will be smart in those areas.
    sisterinChrist7

Answer by sisterinChrist7 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Life is a classroom where you are constantly learning new things. You are NOT dumb, you just haven't learned what you don't know yet. :)
    When my children were beginning to learn things at a preschool age I learned right along with them. As they grew older I would incorporate homeschool type of lessons that were fun and we all learned new things about our backyard, our town, and any interests they had such as certain arts, science, and animals.
    When your children are a lot older and would rather spend their summers with their friends all the time, you can take short community courses in whatever interests you and learn new things!
    Perhaps, sometime in the future, you can earn a college degree in a field that interests you!
    The sky is the limit and your brain is a vessel to be filled. You go girl!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009