Did anyone ever have their child evaluated for autism and it turned out that they did NOT have a spectrum disorder?

How long did the evaluation process take? What was the outcome if it was NOT a spectrum disorder? My child is going through this now, and I want to keep an open mind, but I was curious if anyone went through the process just to find out that it was something else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• We started the process but didn't have to go through with it. The doctor decided our son simply needed some extra help with speach. We got him in a speach program and now he does great!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• A therapist suggested asperger's. So we sought out a specialist in autism. After testing and several weeks of behavioral therapy she told us he wasn't autistic. We were referred to an allergist. Turns out he had several food intolerances. Changed his diet, changed his behavior.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2009