Waterbirth?

Does the bouyancy of the water really lessen the pain? I have heard a lot of positive things about waterbirth and people swear by it. Anybody who has had one-will you share your story with me? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had one and loved it. the water was so nice and warm when i got in it relaxed me instantly. i also didnt feel the ring of fire or anything. my son just slowly made his way out. i wasnt able to have a waterbirth because of insurance with my second and i was totally shocked about how much the ring of fire hurt when he came out. the water does wonders!!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• im totally doing waterbirth this time around! when i was in labor i was like there is no way in hell id do this all natural! but ive heard sooooo many good things about waterbirth. im extremely excited! i was my DH to catch the baby :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have not ever birthed in water, but I have labored in it and it definitely IS wonderful. I am torn on whether I want a watebirth next time or not, but I know I'll have the tub for sure...to at least labor in.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 1:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I labored in the tub but it was hard to push because there was nothing to push against. It really does help with pain. Good luck :-D
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 6:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I guess one thing, and I know it sounds kind of silly, but what if you poop in the water as you are pushing your baby out? I know that women poop all the time during delivery....does that happen in the water too? It doesn't seem very sanitary. Did it ever happen to anybody?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yes, it does happen in water too. they usually just use a fish net to scoop it out.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2009