Cant sleep....help??

So, I cant sleep hardly at all. I havent really slept in a few weeks, but in the past week its gotten worse. I forgot to ask my dr if there is anything I can do today. I try to sleep but I get wired and end up getting online or walking around the house for hours.

Any help or tips for me?

PS I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant.

AshlieTolliver

Asked by AshlieTolliver at 12:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor should have given you a "Hotline" number to call them with.

I think you need to call and tell them this problem.

Sleep at your stage is very important. Possibly tests can be run to determine what is going on.

Good luck, hon.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks, I live in a very very small town currently, and there is only one OB. After office hourse you have to call labor and delivery up at the hospital. I'm so tired, but as soon as I lay down I get wired and hyper.

I was thinking maybe its cause i'm reaching the end and this is baby #1 for me? idk
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 12:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you eating sweets late at night? They can sometimes make you have too much energy.

I'm sure you know not to eat chocolate, since it has caffeine in it!!

I know you're excited, but not sleeping isn't normal.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yeah, my dr okayed 2 cans of soda a day. but IF i drink them I do so early on in the day. no eating for me after about 7, especially not sweets.

yes i am excited. but also tired.

i can doze for about 2 hrs then get maybe 2.5 solid hrs of sleep after DH goes to work at 500.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 12:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You could try some Tylenol PM. My doctor told me pretty much all Tylenol is safe for pregnant women. It was a life saver for me. I didn't take it every night but every once in a while.....a life saver. Ask your OB if you can take it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am 31 weeks and can't sleep either!!! It gets really annoying after awhile especially since I have to chase my 3 year old around! The only thing that has helped me is a warm bath and a snack. Hope that helps!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• benadryl & tylenol pm are my 2 bestest friends in the whole wide world! before i was preg, i relied on cough syrup when i couldn't sleep.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i'll call and ask about the tylenol tomorrow morning. I wish benadryl would make me sleepy! It makes me hyper! Thanks girls!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 12:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Benedryl never worked for me.....though i took it more often than thr Tylenol PM because I'm allergic to cats. Not that it helped much. The hospital was a beautful 3-day relief from the sneezing.

Good Luck. Towards the end, I was up pretty much every hour to pee. The Tylenol PM streched that out a bit. I still woke up, but it was less and it was easier to fall back asleep.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yeah between peeing and trying to get comfy, and just not being tired i'm a piece of work.

it then makes me grumpy the next day.

I think the end is near. maybe maybe.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 12:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2009