bikini question

I am 39 years old but i keep in pretty good shape. I like to wear bikinis, i was at the beach with my dh and son and one of my sons friends and his parents. His mom said to me that she cant believe that i wear such a skimpy bikini and what does my son think or say. Ok I had a string bikini on it covers my buns its not like a thong or anything lol. and the top was a triangle cup style. Do you think this is appropriate or should I cover up more. What do you moms wear on the beach, is it weird that a 39 year ols mother of a 16 year old son would wear a string bikini

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you look half way descent go for it. Kids get grossed out at any hair under. Find s salon that carries .Nufree, best results , Soy Botanical , almost paim free. Look it up on websites...truly amazing. You will be amazed.
    bk252525

Answer by bk252525 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Lol go for it. If your son is okay with it and your okay with it than all is good in the world. Besides she was probably jealous.
    navy_mommy1104

Answer by navy_mommy1104 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I say if you have the body, go for it! Kids are embarrassed by everything but myself, I would've never felt embarrassed if one of my parents had a good body and wore something that showed it off (not necessarily in a slutty way, but like you are doing, coverage :D).
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My bikini days are long over. But if you can wear that at 39, God bless you and do your thang, girl! LOL! Only advice is, I guess you can chose a slightly more conservative bikini when out with the kids and save the string bikinis for girls vacation in the Bahamas. ;-) But as long as you are in good taste, you should be able to wear what you want. That lady may have just been a little jealous.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I can't stand bikini's. I too keep in shape and I am 26 and wear a one piece with board shorts over it. I think bikini's are inappropriate for anyone to wear. It is a bra and panties, is it not. Gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• she's probally just jealous b/c she can't get her fat ass in one LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm not jealous, so don't think that is the reason for my reply. I've decided I would never wear a bikini (let alone a string bikini) again. It's a personal decision. I'm a 40 year old mother of two teens. There's a time for string bikini's and as a respectable adult, my opinion, for me, is that it's not now. I think there are lots of bathing suits (bikini's or otherwise) out there that show off your body and are cute and age appropriate. I would never want to be considered a 'milf' or a wanna-be.

Apparently, you have a body to show off. If bikini's are your preference, then fine, but I'd really go out of my way though to try not to look like a wanna-be. String bikini's are more the style for younger, hip teens and 20 somethings. Again, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you the same mom who is always posting about your hot body and your 16 year old son seeing you half naked having sex with his father or your boobs popping out of your shirts or you dressing skimpy and embarrassing your son? .. Just seems too coincidental there is always post coming from an anon person regarding something sexual or the like dealing with their 16 year old son.. It's like you have an obsession.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• this is in response to the lady that said a bikini are bra and panties are they not. Well no because my panties probably cover up more than my bikini bottoms. Why is it wrog to wear a bikini to the beach is itok to wear one in the backyard by my pool?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009