I think I messed up-would you be mad?

Ok, me and my boyfriend live about an hour and a half away from each other. However, I'm moving back down there once school starts up again. Which is only three weeks. I've been up to see him once and i've asked him to come see me a couple times. Each time he says he can't afford it. Today, I asked him to come here and take me to the grape festival-which is kinda like a mini fair but it's free to get in and I just wanted to walk around anyway. He again said he couldn't afford it. And I flipped. I told him it wasnt' going to work out and that he was selfish and that afgter everything he's put me thru I think he could at least come see me. I fee like he's emabarassed of our ages-19 and 35. We've never been out in public today and I'm tired of it. I wan'st asking for a hawaiian vacation, just a visit. I told him if he doesn't come up here ot see me than he can't expect for me to let him come see me when I move down there. Con'd..

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Look, she didnt ask us if she should leave, and we have no right to judge her so bc the reality is we dont know him like she does. People make mistakes, and people do change, and we need to rely on our own feelings and intuition about people and not focus on their pasts. People have to want to change to change, they have to make efforts every day and it sounds like he has at least been honest with her bc she knows he cheated. Frankly its none of our business and what we personally think of this guy is irrelevant and invalid bc we dont know him and she does. Sara, in regards to what you asked, you definately had a right to be upset. Call him up apologize for losing your temper and offer to pay for him to come visit. If money is the issue offer a solution and watch his response. If he still says no try to stay calm and let him know how his behavior makes you feel and what it makes you think. Good luck!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would be a bit irritated that he doesn't make any attempt to come see you. I think you acted out of hurt and that is understandable. Sara, I would think about this relationship. Something doesn't meet the eye here.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I cant say u over reacted because Im not in ur situation but I can say that I wouldnt tolerate someone not wanting to go in public with me for any reason

'He said I was "just like the rest"'
    and you know the rest is women he cheated on so you make ur own analyzation but after u break up once stay broken up because itll usually happen again

how long have u been together
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'd be mad that he couldnt make the time to see me. You might have overreacted, but my now-hubby use to live an hour and a half away and if he had acted like yours, we wouldn't be married. I probably would've overreacted too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Read the message on the wall stupid. He is married. He has been lieing to you. Get over it and move on. You are the other women.
    chedhead

Answer by chedhead at 12:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• maybe he cheated on his ex with you and a few girlfriends...I'd say maybe he has another girlfrend and he cant get away from her long enough to come see u. In which case I woulnt consider you being anything to him but a young piece of ass...Sorry honey, but he's using you an you need to find urself a faithful man and stay away from taken ones.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He's been divorced for over a year-this I am sure of. And it's not that i'm positive it's the not waniting me in public thing, I just feel that way. I mean, he could honestly just be having that much of a fiancial problem-which will get better in a couple months. And we're not having sex anymore so it's not a sex thing.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Personally I think you could do a lot better than him, if he cheated on his wife, and he cheated on a girlfriend with you it would send up red flags for me. Possibly he is already cheating on you and that is why he won't go out places with you, once a cheater always a cheater! Cut him loose before you give up all of your self esteem over him, you can do much better, find someone who will treat you like a queen. You shouldn't have to beg a man to get a date with them, you are worth more than that.
    laceykat

Answer by laceykat at 12:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Didn't you post lastnight asking us when should you introduce him to your Son but you've never even been in public with the guy??? I'm confused???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• LOL

Why are you wasting your time? You're probably just a toy to him. Him cheating on other women with you doesn't make you special, least of all to him.

Drop him, live your life, love will find you when you're ready for it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009