Talking in their sleep... anyone else?

My almost 20 month old started talking in his sleep a while ago. Tonight he actually sat up and had a "conversation" with his dad when he went to put something in his room. Anyone else experience this? It is hilarious but makes me wonder. I have talked and walked in my sleep most of my life. Could this be genetic?

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol idk.. it maybe..my hubby sometimes sleeps withhis eyes open(he has no idea) well when my dd was i would say 6 months she started to do this. i would put her to sleep, come back to look at her and her eyes were open(not fully, it looked like she was tired) but yea i thought she was awake. i asked her something and i relized she is looking off into space.i said her name twice. and moved aorund. nothing at this point i was freaking out. i was like what is wrong with you(she had never done this befor) i picked her up and she started to blink and she was angry. she had that tired cry. i was like where you sleep. she dident do that again that night. but after that i kept a eye on her. and then i saw it she fell alseep with her eyes closed but once she was in a deep sleep they would i open. lol just like her daddy.
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 1:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't be worried. I can appear wide awake and hold a full conversation in my sleep. Have been able to for years now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2009