• In the Spotlight:

Should I have another baby now?

I am a waitress at Pizza Hut and moving my way up to manager. My husband works at Taco Bell. My daughter is 7 months old, and we have been talking about another baby. Right now we live with my aunt until we can find a place of our own again. But by time the other baby gets here we will be moved. We will be making about $800 every 2 weeks...I am not worried about the cost. I know we can do it...I am just wondering if my daughter is too young for us to have another child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I resent that Sarap I make over 40 K a year working as GM of a taco bell. my children NEVER go without, and I make more than SO does. not EVERYONE can have a job making 60K a year. I choose my profession because I LOVE the fast food industry, in fact I went to school for restaurant management. that is my CHOSEN career, not something I was saddled in. thank you very much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you want my honest opinion...I would wait until you ARE moved and settled before you try for another baby. Not to crush your hopes, but with the way things are in this economy and world today, you can't rely on everything going through as you hope and plan that it will. It would be better to be safe than sorry and just wait until you ARE on your own and can afford another child. And I personally wouldn't try for another baby until my first one is at least 2. That's just my opinion though. I want to give my son as much special alone time and attention as possible before I have to spend most of it on a new baby.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well, really it all depends on you and your hubby. Personally, I'm waiting until my daughter is at least 1 1/2-2 years to try to conceive. Mainly because she'll be a bit self-sufficient and walking. It'll be easier to explain about the baby as well. I don't want them too far apart in age.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You've got an awful lot on your plates right now....give yourself a little time to clear it. Besides, your body is still in recovery from the first pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I've got two girls. They are about to turn 3 & 1. This past year has really been the hardest year of my life. I wouldn't try to have another one while your baby is so young. And i'd wait to see how everything is gonna go with your job and moving. No joke, one kid is a breeze compared to two. It is VERY hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think that no matter what position you are in fast food, you shouldn't have another baby. 1600 a month is not alot. And I wouldn't suggust you having another one until you have a better job that's not in the food industry.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My girls are 14 mo apart. Its a lot of work. Its like having twins (when they get older...when the younger one was a new baby it was actually easier then it is now they are pre school aged) I would consider how you will pay for babysitting for 2 kids on your income as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well sara p hun there are tonz of ppl who work in fast food with 2 kids...and they are fine. my main question was if i should b/c of my daughters age...i mean i know we can do it on the income we have...but thanks for you honest opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• honestly wait til you get your own home living with people can become crowded and cramped let your jobs become higher up in rank before considering another child i didn't think about having my son til my daughter was three and we had him and now my daughter is 4 and my son is a year in a half i am expecting my surprise baby in February so mine are close take it from me it is tough financially and housing wise but im a stay home mommy my hubby is a workaholic he pulls in 80 weeks every week by working to jobs so we can live in a town house that is big enough for our children to run around and be kids my motive if u don't got the money or space why try right away let ur baby grow a little maybe in like 3 years u will be ready and have the money and space good luck!!!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2009