How Can I get Grease Out of A White Shirt?

My Fiance Spilled Grease On His White Brand New Shirt and I do not know how to treat it.

sarahjane0721

Asked by sarahjane0721 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Spray it with hairspray. Let is set with the hairspray for a few minutes then wash it. This should take it out.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Shout always seems to help. Wash in cold water and treat again and again before drying, if needed.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Goop works wonders on any kind of grease. It's the car cleaner but it says on the jar that its safe to use on clothing.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 12:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You can try dish soap or shampoo. They are both designed to breakdown grease/oil. Just don't put it in the washing machine, which I'm sure you know. You have the results Peter did on the Brady Bunch...soap everywhere.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son got movie popcorn butter on a pair of beige pants, and we put baking soda on it, amazingly it all came out.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Dish soap and HOT water.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have heard of rubbing baking soda into a grease stain, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Actually we just laid the pants on the counter, sprinkled baking soda heavily so it covered the whole spot, and left it to sit. The next day, we shook it off, and the grease was gone.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2009