dog has broken blood vessel in both eyes &retina damage (ugh)

Had a friend of mine come over &help me clip my chowchow mix(she is a professional groomer 4over 20+yr)cuz my dog is OVERLY agressive & cant take him 2groomers uless its a vet who will sedate him & 1-he is allergic to most sedatives & 2-lets face it, thats freakin expensive

WELL... long story is, my dog is 10yr old & agressive especially w/people he doesnt know
so my friend came over (i supporvised) and she clipped my dog (getting rid of that horrid winter coat) well.. (wearing his regular coller) some-how some-way when he pulled in just the right way?? he managed to burst both blood vessels IN BOTH EYES!!! (took to vet got examined etc) & now he has retina damage!!
>>OH EMMM GEEE<<
have you ever heard of this happening? I was told that its comman when dogs get stressed especially when being groomed -but wow.
&has anyone exprienced ANYTHING LIKE THIS? IF SO? do they HAVE ANY RECOMENDATIONS FOR TREATING MY BELOVED DOG?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pets

• Wow - you know this can happen to a human's eyes too.

One big sneeze and boom - they can pop.

After time - the are will heal but there may be some scar tissue on the inside of the eye/

You can try some supplements for helping the eye to heal - see here:

Heals cataracts -

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Alternative-Medicine-Pets-3721/2009/6/Cataract-NuVET-help-reduce.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 6:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm sooo sorry your pooch is having this trouble.

I don't know how to treat the problem, but I do know that vets have sedation pills you can give to your pet. Maybe you can ask for some for future groomings at home?

I used some for my cats when we needed to relocate 800 miles away.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:48 AM on Aug. 4, 2009