have you ever had herpes?

Why are cold sores considered a form of herpes? That just sounds so damn gross!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A cold sore is a TYPE of Herp but it's not the sexual herp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Gential herpes doesn't go away. I get cold sores everytime I get a fever. It's a form of herpes, I think.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah its herpes simplex one and two, one is the type you get on your mouth I think, don't quote me on that! I get fever blisters and I'm not ashamed
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Dude, ronj this question was asked b4, anyways. 98% of the worlds population has some form of herpes, its incurable and will never go away, but treatable. It can lay dormant within ur body for years b4 u know u have it, and 2 pp yes a coldsore is a form of herpes
    So how r u ronj? I miss ur funny comebacks
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Had? there's no "had"...its the gift that keeps on giving honey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• THere are diff. types as someone mentioned already. The kind that causes cold sores is not the genital kind (although if you do have a cold sore on your face you shouldnt be touching that part of you to someone's genital area or you WILL give them sores there) I started getting cold sores when I was in like 3 rd grade because some wonderful person in my life must have kissed my with a cold sore. The only way to get any kind of herpes is from contact with someone who has it. You cant just get it from a toilet seat or whatever. And yeah having cold sores is gross for sure but its not like people can help it if they get them. I didnt ask for some jackass to give me a cold sore as a child yet i suffer for the rest of my life with outbreaks of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Herpes simplex (cold sores) and herpes complex (genital warts) are two WAY totally different things! I really wish that they would have named fever blisters something else! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009