Is something wrong with her?

My dd has been potty trained for about 1 month...both at night and in the daytime. Every now and again she will have an accident...but I figure that's normal. Well, for the last 24 hours, she has been wetting herself every 10 minutes. Sometimes she notices and other times she doesn't seem to. I can't quite tell if she is doing this on purpose or not. My question is: Could there be something physically wrong with her? If you know of anything that it could possibly be (besides doing it on purpose), please let me know. Thanks :o)

KaceesMom

Asked by KaceesMom at 12:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she is having problems with an infection? If you've ever had a bladder infection, you know the sensation of needing to pee is constant...so actually knowing when you really DO is hard.

I know sometimes bubble bath can cause a problem, as well as not wiping correctly.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with timelessglass. UTI's are very common in young girls and usually result from not wiping correctly or well enough. Peeing every 10 minutes is obviously alot. Is it like a full bladder pee or just a little bit? She could very well have an infection and may not realize she is going. I would take her to the doc if this continues. Poor thing.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's just a little bit when she goes. Aren't bladder infections painful? Or could she have one without pain? Thanks for all of your help!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hmm sounds like an infection to me. Not all bladder infections are painful. I've had MANY in my life and some have been painful and others have just been irritating. Its just the feeling that you have to go to the bathroom but nothing or very little comes out. It can start to BECOME painful if its left untreated for awhile. I would take her to the doc. They will run a urinalysis and if she does have one they will give her a weeks worth of antibiotics (usually) and it should be cleared up in no time. If you would rather wait it out and see if it goes away on its on...cranberry juice is great.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a UTI like the other ladies said. It doesn't hurt always but if you let it go without treatment it could turn into a kidney infection, and that IS VERy painful.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I agree. Have her looked at. That doesnt sound like shes doing it on purpose. Every ten minutes is too frequent to be doing it deliberately. Likely a UTI and no its not always painful. Hope all goes well.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yep i agree with everyone else as well...and no sometimes they are not painful, or at least for the first day or two and then the pain comes.....but your daughter could be like I was as a child too....I wouldn't tell anyone about pain because then I'd have to go to the doctor and I hated the doctor more than you could imagine....even from a very young age, I hid all pain from my parents....I even broke my finger one time...my parents noticed something was wrong because I was holding it all the time and wouldn't let go of it even for my favourite toy or to eat...when they pried my hand off of it, it was swollen....they took me for x-rays and sure enough it was broken! but I never told a soul I hurt.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well, if she's urinating every 10 minutes, she may have a UTI.  Take her to her Pediatrician and get her checked out to be safe no matter what.

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The other option is some sort of trauma, definately go see a doctor for this.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009