• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC question.....

I am due to have my 3rd child in December and I would love to try a VBAC...I had my first child naturally and an emergency c-section with my second. I would really like to try for it again naturally this time, but I have a bicorunate uterus...meaning it's heart shaped and it's divided into 2 parts, the baby only grows on one side. My doc says the risks of uterine rupture greatly increase with VBAC when you have this. I don't want to try it if it is going to be too risky, I just know a vaginal birth will be better for me and a much easier recovery.

Answer Question
 
sarahbell811

Asked by sarahbell811 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (329 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • your dr knows best. and if its going to increase your chances highly of a uteriun repture is it really worth the chance?
    i wanted a vbac this last time around but couldnt have one due to baby being stressed out they gave me the option of trying or having a c section for me the risk wasnt worth it,
    talk to your dr more about the risks and bennifits.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • Since you've already had one vaginal delivery, this makes you an even "better candidate" by Dr's standards to have a successful VBAC. This is likely very important to you, and to your baby...why settle for ONE opinion? I say if your doctor isn't supportive, it's time to find one who is.
    NoNonsenseMama

    Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 1:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • Your doctor does NOT know best when it's YOUR body. I've had c-section and I WILL have a VBAC. No doctor is going to tell me what is good for me and my body. It's your birth. It won't hurt to try for a vaginal. You know if something's wrong with your body, trust it. I'd tell your doctor to shove it or find a new one. They cannot legally keep you from having a vbac...just remember, it's your decision.
    SaraP1989

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • Doent settle on a vbac to the point that you disregaurd all the risk, thats immature. I wouldnt keep trying to find a doctor that will go with what you say, until you do. Instead do your homework find a couple second opions from other doctors. If you get the same answer about the shape of your uterus then youll know your doctor was right. Go with the general consensus. If it was me and it was relativly safe to have a vbac then i would, otherwise i would listen to the doctors.
    KJ_on

    Answer by KJ_on at 7:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • http://www.llli.org/NB/NBMarApr01p47.html
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10521746?dopt=Abstract
    personally, i would ask your dr if you could have a trial labor, just to see if you can have a vaginal delivery. that way, if anything was to go wrong, your already there so that he can do a c/s.
    mommytobobby

    Answer by mommytobobby at 9:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • research research research. i have had so many ob's and physicians give me false statistics and false information that i double check everything and no ob or physician in my area will take me for a vba2c but i know whats best for me so we will find a way to do it!

    idk whats best for you but deff dont make a decision until you know the real facts and have researched and read about your situation...

    what i do know is since you've had one previous vaginal birth that you have a really good chance doing it again....

    also i would recommend geting a second maybe even third opinion...b/c some dr's are just "c section happy" imo....

    gl!
    PEACHES1721

    Answer by PEACHES1721 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • thanks everyone!!!!
    sarahbell811

    Answer by sarahbell811 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.