If you are a vegetarian do you squish bugs?

NO Bashing please! I have a high respect for one who does not eat meat! Although I could not do it. Of course asuming that as a vegetarian you do it because of the harm that comes to animals as opposed to you think it is a healthier way to eat.

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 1:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Jenn, I KNEW that was what Courtney would say. :O)

Can't believe more vegetarians didn't bite on this.

My vegetarian will also not squish bugs, but she is also afraid of death on any level. I'm not a vegetarian, and killing and setting free vary, and depend on mood, bug, and how pissed off I am they are not honoring the contract which clearly states that if they stay outside, they live; they come in, I may kill them.

Kris...his ass?
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• nobody will answer????
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh bloody hell, i'll answer the question. pretend i'm a vegetarian even though you already know i'll eat anything that will sit still long enough.
    yes i squish bugs. because bugs are just gross. i love animals but i dont consider animals and bugs to be the same category.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Jen, jen, jen, you know you could have asked me. I have been a vegetarian since I was a kid, and no, I do NOT squish bugs, ever. Not even nasty ones, like roaches. I trap them and put them outside. And yes, it does have everything to do with my opposition to killing any critter, for any reason, other than self-defense. I just can't do it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son is a vegetarian and does not squish bugs and crys when anyone else does. Which is probably why his little sister delights in stomping bugs beyond recognition. I don't squish because I can't stand the cracking sound when they get squished.
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Do you know what the last thing is that goes through a bug's head when he hits your windshield?
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't, and never do. Even spiders get a second chance. People are always trying so hard to catch vegetarians in a double standard, I don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009