Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

I'm 40 weeks 2days pregnant. I have been dizzy, not eating, feeling like I'm going to puke, the works. three ago my fiance couldn't wake me up. well I really didn't want to go to l&d just to be sent home again so I called my midwife. she said I have a choice between getting induced wed and thurs...i want wed because I can't stand feeling this way... I want thurs because the midwife on call for wed is one who doesn't know what evening primrose is... she doesn't seem compitent in a lot of areas and I worry about that... the midwife on call for thurs is my favorite... she is the woman I want to deliver dd... which would you do? would you deal with one more day if it meant a better midwife?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (9)
  • YES! wait one more day. I made the HUGE mistake of being induced by a midwife I did not know and it was a disaster.

    And who knows if you wait maybe you will go into labor naturally


    Answer by Philsgirl21 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • i would deal with it and just wait for the one you really want

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • Safety first, yours and the babys. I would talk to your favorite asap about your prefering her (careful not to bash the other) and express how much trust and confidence you have in much that you'd consider waiting.

    Answer by Cloverallovermd at 1:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • doesn't matter women i would have that baby as soon as u can u are way over due!! pretty soon the placenta wont grow no more an amniotic fluid will start to get low and ur baby could be in danger i was induced at 41 weeks and 6 days my son had breathing problems due to being that late so Wednesday

    Answer by ohmama213 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • even if you are induced wens you may not have the baby til thurs same w/thurs you may not have baby til fri so you still may not get the midwife you want. just keep that in mind, however i would wait til thurs. if the babies saftey is a factor they will tell you no it has to be sooner.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 1:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • THURSDAY...You need to feel completely safe and not be questioning what they are doing while you need to be focused on you! I would just try to have someone with you over the next few case you don't wake up or something like that!

    Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • ohmama213 she is NOT way over due. Overdue is AFTER 42 weeks. She only just 40! Sheesh.   

    I personally would wait to labor to start on its own.  I'd rest rest rest, hydrate, and eat one bite of something and hour if that's what it took.

    IF you insist on inducing, wait for the better person and BE SURE your Bishop Score is favorable for an induction or it will likely not work.     


    Answer by amileegirl at 9:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • And don't listen to ohmamma213. IF she had a c-section breathing problems are extremely common. IF her fluid was low they could have had her hydrate (which is what you should do). Induction drugs ALSO contribute to breathing problems -- this is a known side effect. IF her placenta was impaired it has NOTHING to do with you AT ALL.

    Answer by amileegirl at 10:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

  • I agree with others here. You technically aren't overdue until 42 weeks. and I have the same kind of issues as you. The doctors at my office rotate on call over at the hospital, and I refuse to go unless MY doctor is there (due to some really horrible experiences with the other doctors) I'd wait until Thursday if I were you :)

    Good luck! (and heck, maybe you will go into labor on your own before hand)

    Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
what would you do?