Why do I always have to be a good sister?

I watch my sister's kids they are 3 and 4 1/2 months, plus I take my son(almost 1).
So tonight I called her and she was like " OH THANK GOD YOU CALLED ME I have been trying to call you all day!" me-"why?" Her BF/fiance was having a hard time with another guy(pretty much fighting about/over my sister) and this guy decided to jump him this morning. Well he wanted to be a man and brush it off so he just went to work and tried to ignore it. On his break from work he walked across the street to get some food and passed out on the way back. The cops found him and sent him to the hospital, they have to transfer him to another hospital with a trauma center because they think he has internal bleeding.

I was supposed to go look at a house for rent tomorrow but now I'm skipping that to go watch her kids so she can go to work and go to the hospital.

I do this all the time, sometimes I wish I could just be a mean jerk and say no

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Their problems are being caused by their own drama and you have to go do what you gotta do! Tell her! It sounds ridiculous that a father of two is getting "jumped" because some other guy wants her. They need to grow up and you need to go look at that house before you lose it. Tell her she needs to take the kids with her to the hospital and you need to go look at a home for rent.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Girl, I'm like that too. Not in the same way - like watching my sisters kids (because one sister lives two states away and the other one is childless) but my youngest, childless sister, calls me for any problem she has. She has a cell phone on my plan and my husband always tells me to tell her she has to pay for half of it (she doesn't have a job), I buy her cigarettes (even though neither my husband or I smoke) and we recently spent a weekend away to be with our friend (because her husband died in Afghanistan so we drove there to be with her) and my husband was like "I hope you're not paying for her (my sisters) food" bc again, no job. I told him I probably was because I couldn't just let her starve. I'm not like that. But yes, I know I'm being used sometimes but I have a hard time telling her NO. Besides she doesn't live close to me so I don't have to do it a lot now. But when she lived with me, I did.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2009