what's the big deal with God vs. Allah?

Why do so many people get up in arms on here over the word God?
I was on a group earlier and they were going crazy about the word God vs Allah.

Allah is GOD in arabic. I know some Arab CHRISTIANS that say Allah and not God...so where did this come from that God & Allah are two different beings?

I just don't understand it. It's a different language. How do you say Cheese in French? It's not Cheese it's Fromage. How do you say Lettuce in Spanish, It's not lettuce It's Leychuga. How do you say Good Bye in Russian? It's not Goodbye it's Dasvadanya. So it's the same thing, Allah is how you say GOD in Arabic. Dios is in spanish, Dieu is French, Divinitate in Romanian, Bóg is polish.

What's the big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I say Both, so people understand me lol. I'm a revert to Islam....so I say God alot but when I get into my holy mode for prayer or talking and want to make a prayer or blessing I say Allah.

You are right, they are one and the same. I like how you said the cheese thing lol, I'm gunna start using that to explain it to people!
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 2:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Idk people are crazy. lolGod/Allah same thing different language and if people don't see that than they need to do some research or go back to school or something.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm muslim and I dunno either lol arabic jews and christian call God Allah also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Here is where all the fuss is about. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to come and die for all sinners to give us everlasting life who confess Jesus is the Son of the living God. Allah is simply just Allah. Allah has no son to come to earth to die for our sins. Allah is so highly esteemed and worshiped that the believer of Allah will strap a bomb on an innocent child and even kill their selves for the sake of having 10 virgins on the other side of death. God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One but function in different ways. Jesus was the incarnation of God here on earth. Without Jesus no one could be saved from sin. I choose Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and Allah is a false God.
    sisterinChrist7

Answer by sisterinChrist7 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• WOW, I can feel the Christian love flowing thru you SisterinChrist.

Jee, Would Jesus act this way? I doubt it.

And I'm sorry but a Suicide Bomber is getting NOTHING in Jannah (heaven) because he killed himself. He will get hellfire, not virgins.

And did you read anthing the poster said....You saying that Allah is false, is saying that God is false....hmm.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 2:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "Allah is so highly esteemed and worshiped that the believer of Allah will strap a bomb on an innocent child and even kill their selves for the sake of having 10 virgins on the other side of death."

It's 72 virgins....
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

It's 72 virgins....

mainstream Muslims regard this belief about 72 virgins in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sister in Christ, the Christians had their nutcases in history too. Nobody's hands are clean.

Scholars of Christianity, Judaism and Islam all agree that God/Yahweh/Allah ARE the same God. The God of Abraham and Isaac. Muslims are generally accepted to be the descendants of Ishmael.

The difference is that Muslims only acknowledge Christ as a prophet, NOT as the Son of God. But they DO believe that the God of the Christian Bible is the same as the God of the Koran.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well for those of us who beleive in God....Allah doesnt exist. We are not trying to be combative but God is God. The Am that I AM, the First and the Last. There is no other God, so if someone calls him Allah because its a different langauge, then fine, but I dont worship Allah. I worship God. I didnt feel that anything SisterinChrist said was mean or hurtful. She just gave her opinion.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• While the Arabic word for God may be Allah, the allah of islam is NOT the same God Christians worship. He is one of the many false gods the Bible warns us about.  There are very fundamental differences in the character and Deity of God and allah of islam. Don't allow yourself to be fooled into accepting they are one and the same. Muslims will tell you they are, but if they truly know their Qu'ran and the Bible, as they claim to, there is a BIG difference!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009