Scriptures Please???

CHRISTIAN REPLIES ONLY; all others will be ignored if they are inflammatory and judgmental. My question is this: I have noticed for a long time that there are women saying they are christians viciously going after other christians in several posts. Can someone please give me specific Scriptures that encourage the siding with the unbelievers against thier brethren and sisters? I am unfamiliar with this behavior and it seems phenomenal to me. If there are such encourages I'd be interested in knowing them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 2 Corinthians 6:14
    Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't believe there are any. Christians are to fellowship with Christians; they can have unbelieving friends, but they are to always take the side of God and God's children when it comes to sinful activities. It's backwards here at CM. If such Scriptures exist, I'd be willing to look them over; but they don't.

reading

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 2:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We should love one another. 1John 3:11

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 1Peter 3:8
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you asking if there is a scripture saying that christians are to stay together?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The behavior u r describing is hipocracy...the act of being a hipocrite and the bible to my knowledge does not condone it.
    mscoffeeluvr

Answer by mscoffeeluvr at 3:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was going to say the pp's answer too. BUT I will also say that if a christian, such as myself, sides with another non believer, its not about faith. Its about the other persons bad behavior and attititude and if they are making infllammatory remarks and mocking other faiths other than christianity.....I am not going to support that, christian or not. I will not tell another sister in Christ that she RIGHT when shes being antagonistic and telling everyone else they are wrong and jsut generally causing trouble. I cant condone that behavior. She doesnt get a free pass just because shes a christian. I prefer to share and speak with other christian women, of course, but I am not going to be a part of such nonsense. She is either going to represent our faith or not. I have not always been the best cause for CHrist, so I am guilty too and I do not expect another christian mom to stand behind me if I am acting unchristlike.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• : momofsaee
    ~~~~~~
    and what do you refer this too?
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" (Romans 6:16). That is a very obvious statement. This verse provides a self-check for us. Just what are we doing and why are we doing it? If we are living in sin, then we are the servants of sin and the Devil. If we are living a righteous life then we are the servants of God, for only the servants of God can live a righteous life. How did we live yesterday—or how about today?
    I am not a servant to any man's " do not judge us"; "don't mention God's name"; or the need to apologize to a homosexual or pagan demanding that we as Believers need to just LOVE them to pieces.
    I speak the word because that is what is truth and it sometimes cuts.
    I do not ever intend on apologizing to sin.
    They come in to the Christian posts and turn them into homosexual and pagan rants
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm interested that people are so quick to call it hypcocrisy when I doubt anyone knows that the OP is referring to. I am one of the people that has specifically been accused of doing this. There are several more but they can come chime in on their own if they would like to.

What everyone fails to understand, despite repeating myself several times, is that I am siding with no one but Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I stand up for Jesus and the truth and when I do not see the truth being presented, I say something about it! Bashing others in Jesus name is NOT OK. Name calling, comparing unbelievers and homosexuals to violent criminals, vulgar and disguisting cursing and making obscene accusations against "pagan hags" and other non-believers is NOT OK and it is NOT what Jesus Christ would have us say!

Asking fellow "Christians" to SPEAK AS JESUS WOULD HAVE THEM SPEAK is NOT taking sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Do you all realise that those of us who have "sided with the pagans and non-believers" were actually simply asking that other Christians not slander the name of Jesus Christ to others? Do you actually understand that it was because we were asking certain people not to call others vulgar names? Here are some scriptures:

I Cor 13:1-7 says
    "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing."

Fruits of the Spirit Gal 5:22-23
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2009