Do you wait to be told even though you know?

OK here is the deal my dh was bitching at me bc the house always looks unfit yes I am a sahm and I have duties to do but it seems like I am doing them over and over like nothing is done, yes I'll admit I do sit on my butt or am on the computer but that is catching up time for me or I lay down for a moment to catch my breathe and I know he thinks I am just plain lazy but it is soooo hard to be a mom and a wife and doing whatever I have to do here at the house while he is at work and he barely helps me...venting (panting)...Like to day I baked some chicken well that foam that uncooked chicken comes in he was bitching about WHY?...did I not throw it outside I told him I will as soon as I am done he kept on bitching finally I yelled at him and told him to do it if he didn't like it he walked off, so I ended up doing it so I wouldn't have to hear him anymore...aarrgg!!! I didn't want to fite anymr so I gave hm a kiss...stupid i no.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• when my hubby gets home he helps so in this case I feel like ur hubby is lazy not u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When they work all day they want to feel that their wife has worked all day also. They figure how hard can it be to watch after children, keep the house clean, and cook and clean up. They are tired when they get home and want to get some rest time in. You mentioned that you had rest times during the day, which is fine, but he is also entitled to rest time. It would be a good thing if he spent some time with his children, but he probably expects the place to be comfortable and welcoming and is disappointed when it isn't. It is this disappointment that came out with the styrofoam comment. To show your love for him, try your hardest to make the home a place he wants to return to. Treat him as you would an important person coming to visit your place, you'd want it clean and welcoming. After all, he IS an important person.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you know there are certain things he will complain about just make sure those things are done. Slack off on other stuff that doesn't seem to get his attention. Remind him that a SAHM's work is never done!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Or maybe something is going on at work that he feels he has no control over. Coming home and having things the way HE wants it gives him a sense of control.

Or, maybe he's feeling as unappreciated and disrespected as you are. You will be amazed at his response when you stop what you are doing and give him a big hug when he walks in the door. Show him that his coming home is an event! Tell him you love how hard he works to provide for you and the kids; that being a SAHM is ONLY possible because of him. And say THANK YOU! Make an extra effort to have things really orderly when he comes home. I bet after a week of this, his attitude will be different toward you. Most of all, YOU will feel better. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 4, 2009