Do you think your 16 year old DD would tell you if she was pregnant?

Do you think your relationship with your child is good enough for them to come to you about anything or are they scared of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well my DD isn't that age at all yet but I can give you insight as to how it was with me. I was pregnant once right around that age and I didn't tell my mom not because I was scared of her but because I was afraid of how she would react. I have a big issue with people being disappointed with me and I knew it would come. So i guess it depends. If I was slightly closer to my mom than I was I might have told her. It really depends.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah, eventually. She would have to. We live in too close quarters for me not to know. I notice everything. She would be scared, but she would do it. We had a confession session back in December and it was not pretty, but she came to me and told me about some inappropriate behavior (not sexually related) and she expected one response and got a totally different one. I think that built trust with her.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well i was pregnat at 16 and didnt tell my mom until i couldnt hide anymore i was 7 months pregnant when i got up the nerve to tell her i was scared she was gonna beat the crap outta me or throw me out but she didnt .i dont have a daughter i have 2 sons and they both know that no materr what it is anything they wanna know or have to tell me they can and know i wont hit them or tell them mean things !my oldest is 15 and we have strange conversations some times !his friends tell him they wish they could talk to their moms like he can talk with me .i dont want my kids to be scared of me ever !i have a good relationship with my kids and some people think i shouldnt be that way with my kids /kids shouldnt be scared of their parents.if they can ask their parents or talk to them then who can they talk to? i would rather my kids come to me than their friends !
    lakajungurl

Answer by lakajungurl at 5:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I hope so. I don't want my daughter to wind up like Becky Bell

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a 16 yo dd and I would hope she would come to me. We have had many talks about everything. I'm sure she would feel that she let me down, but I'm the one person she would need. It is not easy to keep talking, but it is so important. Her bf and other friends know that I will cry first but then will be fine to figure out where we go next. So I would say Yes, my daughter would come to me.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I honestly believe that my daughter would come to me. We have a very honest and open relationship. We talk very openly all the time. Even her friends tell me things that sometimes I wish they wouldn't, but they are afraid to tell or discuss with their own parents.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 11:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My daughter was 15 when she came to me and told me that she was 5 months pregnant. She didn't tell me sooner bacause she scared of how I would react. I'm a single mom and I have a 6 year old also, and she knew that it would be tough financially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Eventually they would, I'd hope they would come to me from the begining but you never really know what is running through thier minds.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would hope so. I was 16 when I got pregnant with DD, who is now 15. She does not want to travel the same road I did so I know that right now, she plans to wait until high school is over to have sex. That could change, of course. But I have told her many times that if she does make that choice & ends up pregnant, I will do eveything I can for her. We have a very open & trusting relationship so I would hope that if this happened, that relationship would continue.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would hope that my dd would come to us if something, anything was wrong. I think that would be every parents hope. I do think though that my dd would. We've already been challenged with life altering moments and we've always have come together as a family.
    tami06

Answer by tami06 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009