boys and penises

When did your boys find their penis? My DS is 11 months and every now and again when I'm changing him he'll reach down and grab it. I try to use this as an educational moment by asking him, "Did you find your penis?" He's been doing it on and off for about 3 months..

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my goodness! My son was prolly around the same age but now he's 2 and that's his favorite thing!!!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 3:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son started that in the bathtub at like 6.5-7 months, he does it on occasion when i chance him but not often. He's now 11 months, but he knows what it is, and while bathing i tell him to wash it and he will try
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Look on the bright side...you dont need bath toys anymore! LOL...just let him explore without saying anything, go about your business like you usually would (i.e. just change his diaper normally) and then later on once he can understand the concept, go ahead and tell him what is appropriate. Because it is normal to explore but not around other people, I always like the saying "private parts are for private times."
    This lets him know that while it is ok, it is not ok in front of people. But for now, just let it go.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah very normal at 11 months and I think mine was more like 8 months. He is 4 years now and still does it, but has been taught that you only do it in the privacy of your bedroom or bathroom.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son is 10 mo and has been playing with at diaper time for about a month now. As soon as the diaper comes undone, its the first thing he grabs. Boys and their toys....lol
    Hecate9

Answer by Hecate9 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2009