planes and a 12month old

My boyfriend is moving me and our son to California to be with him. The trip will take about 5.5 hours not including the stop to the store for diapers and babyfood and the hour long car ride to the house. I was wondering if anyone has some travel tips for me. Like how to make it easier, how to keep him entertained.. what should I pack in the carry-on.. hell what should I pack in the suitcases? (I'm thinking we'll have 3-4) I know clothes obviously, the carseat, favorite toys.. then I'm t a loss!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Travel

• Snacks and I would try to hold off the nap time and maybe your LO will fall asleep in-route. I would pack books just stuff that will keep him happy. Good Luck and hope your travels go as planned.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Some airlines offer baby bassinets! Call your airline to make a reservation for it!
    I packed a few books, toys (special toys she didn't get to play with like 2 weeks before), change of clothes in the carry-on and of course your regular things you need for feeding.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Diaper bag: Change of clothes, tynenol, pacifier, books, snacks, little toys, baby food/bottle. If he gets antsy once in the air you can walk him up and down the aisle. If you have a portable dvd player or laptop you can bring along a favorite dvd.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2009