What food should I serve at my son's 1st birthday party?

It's a Disney/Pixar Cars theme so I was thinking of serving foods that they would have at a NASCAR race. Such as nachos, hot dogs, burgers, soft pretzels, lemonade, beer (for the adults hahaha)... can anyone give me more suggestions? Thank you!

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 3:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Homemade fries, soda, wings. Steak and cheese sandwiches,

Happy birthday to you LO I really hope you all have a wonderful day and everyone enjoys themselves.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We are doing burgers and hotdogs. Im also making baked beans, macaroni salad and potato salad. Have foods normal served at a race would be a cool idea since that is your theme. We aren't having beer at our party...after all it is a party for the baby, not the adults.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 5:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh, come on, 1st birthdays are not "for the baby." They don't understand birthday parties. They're to let other adults see how cute your one-year-old is, and get lots of photo-ops.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Have you introduced all of these foods to your little one?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my son had a cars bday when he turned one and since his birthday was in the summer i just grileld some hot dogs/ hamburgers and made some potato salad ad things like that they dont understand its foer them but its cute :)i spent $70 total for everything from food to cake and we have done the same thing since and this yr its WALL-E so i am excited hehe
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hot wings, nachos, hotdogs, brats/Italian sausage, tuna salad, potato salad. The foods are more for the adults at a 1 yr olds party anyway. Maybe baked beans, taco salad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• SWasson: There are going to be over 20 children at my son's party ranging from 4 months to 10 years, so yes..our party is for the children not the adults.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 8:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no i have not introduced these foods to my son he is 11 months old! he's on vegetables and fruits haha! all the foods i am serving at the party are for the guests that can eat "adult" foods...
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 2:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009