worried about poop getting in my DD's vagina

i always have to look really well to clean her in there because she always gets some, i'm just scared i could hurt her or getting the poop in even more, or leave any in there and cause her infection, please help need info

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD poops atleast 4x a day and I have never had a problem with poops getting in there just clean her really well and she will be fine. Your doing a great job so keep it up.

Have a great day!

Answer by raemommy at 4:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I take my DD to the sink and wash her out under the water there. I can't use the wipes because I feel like I"m missing something. The water helps me to make sure it's all flushed out.

Answer by mschanng at 6:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I know it's extreme, but you could start potty training her. It was not intentional but my daughter was really constipated and I held her over the toilet. She does all her stinks on the toilet now and it is so nice to not have to worry about the big mess!!

Answer by micheledo at 8:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I never had a problem with it, just wipe form front to back and be gentle. Also, for bath time, be sure to rinse her well there.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009