When do you know???

When is it time for divorce or separation?

I only ask this, not for advice on my marriage, but I'd like to know, for you women that are divorced, going through it or separated from you husband, what was it that finally made you decide that it wasn't going to work? I realize that everyone is different in their own circumstance. Me personally, divorce was always sort of "not an option", but lately it's looking like the best one. I won't go into detail, I will say this though, no one cheated, no one has been abused. I am just starting to feel that maybe, just maybe we weren't meant to be afterall.....

Any other mom's out there care to add, comment or question??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Try reading "The Love Dare". It is a challenge for you for your marriage every day for 40 days. I think that it may help. It doesn't seem like you even want to think about a divorce really. A lot of times I think we get wrapped up in things we ourselves are doing and forget about our mates, and then we feel neglected, because they are feeling the same way. Confusing I know. Honestly try the book and then decide. Good luck.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I guess it depends on where your hope is. My hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible teaches that nothing is impossible with Him, and so I would never give up on my marriage, my husband, or on God's ability to fix it. There is also the truth that problems in a marriage are never one-sided. For every problem one spouse has, the other has one equally as bad which contributes to the over-all climate of the marriage. What most of us want to do is fix the other person, when in truth, we should be working on getting ourselves fixed. I do believe that most women marry for all the wrong reasons, but once the decision is made, if they don't believe that it was the right choice, they are always looking for ways to get out. So the correct position is that divorce is not an option. That means that we are continually looking for ways that we can change the atmosphere in our homes to one of love and total acceptance.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I probably can't help on this one. The marriage with the father of my children had abuse involved so I felt forced into leaving. I had to protect myself and my children. My last divorce was bc my x left me for a 17 yr old crazy woman! He tried to come back when he found out she was nuts but I said "no". I'm fine with being single now. As a matter of fact, I have much less stress and life has been great ever since my divorce years ago.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• , in my case wth my X,we met when i was 16My "1st love" we dated 2 1/2 yrs then got mrrd had two kds,but from very bgnng he treated me like i was his to control i saw the signs but did not realize, how abusive not physically)  he was until it was too late he'd take every penny that i workedfor and leave me no$ never buy food for us, his mom did it.he was earning $50k a year never care to take me out ,He'd go out  for the wkn to vegas with his frnds, women at his job sent him cards and letters (i later found) did he cheat? i never saw it ,But i don't doubt it ,on my 28th B-Day i threw him out ,we divorced,  15 years since, the only regret is my kids had to go to and fro and i hated It i missed  them especially sharing the  holidays ,in your case if you have a good man hold on to him

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009