My daughter has had black watery stools since Friday.

I took her to the dr. yesterday and she also had a fever of 102.2, i gave her the meds alternating tylenol and motrin like they said and it went UP to 102.4 and they arent conserned! She is 15 months...should i be less concerned as well? She isnt up yet for the day but i went in and felt her head and i can feel the heat coming off her! They told me not to be alarmed unless her feaver got to 104! Am i over reacting cuz im her mom? She has no other symptoms of anything just a temp and diarrhea. She is eating, drinking plenty, and playing normal. They didnt seem to concerned about anything. What do you guys think? Im worried!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One day Hannah ate a lot of Watermelon and that happened to her, so black runny poop doesn't always mean something bad. I too was worried but then traced it back to just all the watermelon she ate.
    padavali

Answer by padavali at 9:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I always say if the kid is acting normal. They are not a sick as you think they are. Kids can tolerate a higher temp then adults can.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• As far as I know Black water poop is not a very good thing, I would get a second opinion if I were you....unfortunatley doctors arent always right and our mommy instincts are there for a reason.....good luck :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 8:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son did not have black stool, but he had a mild fever and diarrhea for over a week. The pediatrician made us an appt. when I called after 5 days of this, to check him for signs of dehydration, etc. His turned out to be a viral issue, but what she had us do was change his diet. She told us that after 48 hours of diarrhea, our bodies become temporarily lactose intolerant, and taking away lactose and anything that causes looser stools in general (such as fruit) could help him get back to normal. So we switched him to rice milk, no fruit or juice. 2 days later his stool was back to normal. 1 week after his stool was normal, we were able to switch him back to whole milk and fruits.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2009