Why does the Government make their lives a living hell for families with children with disabilities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Try some of the following organizations, maybe there is something like that in your state.

Any baby can
    First Five
    Seals

Keep searching mama, you can't give up, you are it, your child needs you and you need to be his/her best advocate. Search, there's got to be an organization that can help. Call Speech pathologist in your area, explain them that money is tight, offer to do filling at nights for them in exchange for therapy time. You'll be surprised some people are willing to work out something because ultimately a parents involvement and determination has greater chances of a better outcome for special needs children. You can do it mama, search, dig deeper, I know you have within you to find a solution. Don't give up. You can't afford to give up, your child is counting on you and only you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Why do you say so?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a child with disabilities but am not sure what you are asking here? No offense, but your question does not make sense. Please explain what you mean.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Could you be more specific? I dont have a child with disabilities, but I am willing to see from your perspective and have compassion. How do they make it so hard? I think they make life hard for everyone so I just stay off their radar. Meaning I dont get involved in government programs, take any of their money or use their insurance (or wont), and dont even use the public schools. That way, they have no say in my life as long as I abide by the rules of the land. So....please...what are your specific frustrations?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have friends who have disabled kids and they have no complaints. They both get SSI for the kids. What is the problem?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• momofsaee We were trying to live without gov intervention but our finances are shrinking so we just apply for gov service coordination. It's been a year and we have not receive any services. Supplemental Security Income was denied based on our Income. I'm getting so tired of having to work with these gov employees, I'm sorry but I wasn't feeling outspoken today. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• received*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Anon 8:45 are you insane?

The OP is overwhelmed, frustrated and with a lot on her plate with a special needs child and all you can think of is to point out a misspelled word? Gee where is your humanity? I pity your outlook in life and what is important.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this, I hope somehow things get better for you and your family would be a more appropriate feedback.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think anon 844 and 845 are the same- I think she was correcting her mistake.
    Anyway- I have no words of wisdom except hang in there Momma!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP I feel your pain, but more so in general than with the gov't specifically. We too make too much for DS to qualify for SSI. The insurance company won't cover the type of therapy that DS needs because they consider it developmental, even though it's neurological.

Some people don't realize that there is such a thing as making too much for assistance but not enough to handle it ALL on your own. It's a myth that "WE" as a society take care of our disabled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2009