No fetal movement in sonogram?

I'm 17 weeks and have had several ultrasounds during this pregnancy. While I know how the first few ultrasounds go and was only wanting to hear the heartbeat I am growing concerned.

During my last 2 ultrasounds at 10 and 14 weeks there was no fetal movement. Heartbeat was 160 and 154 respectively but even the tech mentioned "Hmm, baby not moving." She tried at the 14 week visit to shake my belly and get the baby to move but all the baby did was roll from her back to her side. Still no movement. I had expected my a jerk reflex or to see her stretch.

I didn't have this problem with my son, busy lil guy. Have any of you had an issue of no fetal movement in the sonograms? What tests were done after that and were any explanations given other than sleeping? I'm just not buying the sleeping baby everytime I get an ultrasound.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never had this problem but here is a bump for you , i hope everything turns out good for you and your little baby though, oh and as long as there is a good heartbeat i wouldnt be to worried ( by the way the heart rate sounds like a girl)
    Kiki_pie

Answer by Kiki_pie at 9:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• hmmm...I have no clue..??? Do they have any causes or reasons as to why your baby isn't moving but has a good heartbeat? I hope everything goes well with you. Ultrasounds do nothing but make ppl worry!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• im sure shes fine
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm confused....Are you high risk? Why have you had multiple u/s already?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have an u/s at every appointment since that is how my dr's office works. Each OB appt you get an exam, talk with doctor and an u/s. I was getting the u/s before I was listed high risk.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009