Can you teach me how to spank my child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well sure. I'm not sure why you would ask such a question though. Common sense should kick in a t some time and guide you. Don't spank right away when you are angry or upset because it becomes a stress relief instead of a punishment. Don't have your child take down his/her pants; have him/her bend over; give 3 or 4 good swats on the buttocks. Not on the legs, or arms, or any other body part - just the butt. Make sure your child understands the infraction. This works with little ones too. Just swat the diaper. It really doesn't hurt but makes a large impression. Spanking is the single best discipline method on the planet. It is only the parents who feel they are too good to actually discipline their children who have made a huge population of monsterously behaved kids for the rest of us to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• sure
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• do it just one time let him realize what have just happened and reprimand him/her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• dont do it hard!! just enough to hurt their feelings. with a diaper on u can hit a lil harder then with out. but spanking is not ment to hurt the kids its ment to get their attention and to tell them they did wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• NEVER spank out of anger or when you are angry. Tell your child BEFORE an action (because you need to give a warning first.) that if they misbehave, they will be spanked. Then when they misbehave tell them "I gave you a warning not to _________ and you did not follow directions. You are going to get a spanking."
    Spank them just enough to let them know that you mean business. Tell them that you dont like spanking them any more than they like being spanked so next time they need to behave.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just a swat on their bumm over their clothes hard enough for them to feel it and feel surprised, but not hard enough to hurt them or leave a mark.
    Try to spank sparingly because if seen doing it some people over-react and you never know what CPS will consider "right" or "wrong" and you'll have a hassle on your hands.
    I see nothing wrong with a swat now and then when they have become deaf to their parent's speaking to them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What I did was warn my dd it was going to happen if she continued to do the behavior. So she essentially chose the spanking.......I also swatted 3 times on the rear only and Never in anger. Spoke to her before and after that I didn't want to do it but that I loved her and what she was doing was unsafe or undesireable behavior. Always gave her a few moments to cry it out and then she was fine.
    shebearncub

Answer by shebearncub at 9:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• practice on yourself. Take a large, thick belt, bend over, then have at it! : ) Works best if hubby is in the room with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We give warnings, then if a spanking is warranted, the child goes to our room and waits.

(the waiting is harder than the spanking)

Then when we come to administer the correction, the child has to tell us what he did to warrant the correction. The child receives three swats on the covered up bum, never bare bottomed.

After the correction, the child has to state what he did, and we discuss how to avoid a correction by talking about what behavior is acceptable.

We give hugs and assure of our love. Then the day goes on as normal.

We do not spank if we are angry, or if the child is out of control.

Spanking is a correction, similar to touching a hot stove. It teaches correct behavior to avoid pain.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have to poop, be right back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009