They double teamed me and she suppose to be my cousin

SO my cousin boyfriend has an anger management problem and he is working with us for the first time. The very first day my cousin and him would argue in front of our manager's which is embarassing b/c my mother is the one that refered him. Now to make a long story short he said something smart right before he was goin on break so i decided not to cover his camera he then went on to say how my fat ass don't do shit and he called me a bitch. He also made a comment about me not having a man and being miserble. My cousin allowed him to speak to me in such a manner and joined in with him all b/c i didn't want to cover him for his break. They just kept calling me fat and then went on to say how my baby's father don't want me and how he don't do nothing for my child. I am upset b/c my mother kept telling me to shut up when I tried to respond to what they were saying to me. I tell my buisness to much and I see how family turn on you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, is there any truth to their comments? If so, is not slandering, it is their opinion that's all.

Granted that in a perfect world family should stick together but we don;t live in a perfect world. Be thankful that you know exactly how your causing feels about you and treat things accordingly, confronting him won't do you any good. Sorry you experienced this but every person has their right to make judgments about things.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• mom might have a point. If you respond to their mean words then you might encourage them to continue the bad behavior. Treat them like children and ignore the bad behavior. However, I wouldn't do anything to help them when they go on break. That's just me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• This was happening at your workplace?
    Regardless of their personal opinions of you, it is highly inappropriate and unprofessional for them to be saying that while you're at work.
    It may not be slander but it sure as hell is harassment.
    I would file a formal complaint against the two of them.
    No one should be spoken to like that at any time but unfortunately it happens, however when it happens in the workplace there IS actually something that can be done about it.
    Don't respond to them, go a step above and tell your boss.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009