• In the Spotlight:

baby weights

does it tell me how much my baby weights on my u/s pics? if so what to look for on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. You don't see an estimate of how much the baby weighs on your ultrasound pic. When I had my son, they measured my belly for my last appointment and guessed that he would weigh around 6 lbs. Wrong. He was nearly 9 lbs. They can guess based on length of limbs and your weight that you may have put on but it's really a guessing game. Sometimes they get it right and other times, not so much.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No. Ultrasounds are inaccurate for weight measurements. It is only ever a guess and the guess is more often than not wrong.

Weight is more than how things LOOK. There's fluid, and bone density, etc. Ever seen two toddlers and you think the toddler that looks chunky is going to be heavy and turns out to be light, and you go and pick up the toddler that looks like a peanut and feels like a brick?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I got a weight estimate, but that was at 22wks, and I didn't have an u/s after that. by measuring my bellie and all that my Dr guessed that my son would be pretty small, 6 - 6 1/2 lbs. and he came out nearly 8lbs. there is no sure fire way to tell you how much your baby weighs/will weigh.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2009