Any other moms have issues with ALL of their pregnancies?

I have a 2 year old son now thank God he made it. I had him when I was 24 weeks pregnant! He was the tinies little thing that you have ever seen in your life! He only weighed 1 lb. 6 oz. He is a miracle child!! He was just two days old and was already trying to roll over!!!!! He was literally fighting for his life. You could see it all over him that he had a purpose and he knew it. It was just incredible!! Well so 1.5 years later me and my husband decide that we are going to try again so we did. Two months later I realized I was two weeks late so I took a test and it was POSITIVE!! I was sooooo excited! But........ I started spotting and went to the ER(recommended for me, because I am EXTREMELY high risk) and the doctor looked at me and said "I'm sorry theres nothing we can do" *teary eyed now* Does anyone else have a bad track record of being pregnant? If so, is there a small chance of hope for me to carry full term?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My diagnosis is an "incompetent cervix" Which means that my cervix isn't made to have kids. I am devestated! My doctor told me not to have anymore. I cried for a week straight and on top of that I was due today with my miscarriage. :'( I am an emotional wreck right now!!! I have heard over and over again that God will not put more on you than you can handle but damn! I am not that strong of a woman. I love kids and to have one taken from you?!?!?!?! My son wasn't supposed to live but God love him, he did! I am so proud of him even though he does have medical issues I don't care. He is still mommies angel. I have two angels now. One is just looking at me and one is looking down on me. OMG when does it get better?!? Can you have post partum after miscarrying? I have been tore up since the miscarriage. When does it get better?
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• There is always that chance. Have you been given a diagnosis that would prevent you from carrying a baby to term? If not, of course you can. I'm not sure why but I had all three of mine early, thank goodness not that early but 3, 4 and 5 weeks respectively. 2 of the 3 still had lung problems though. They say probably because I had gestational diabetes.
    My sister had 2 children born very early, the first did not make it and the other is 14 now.
    Unless you have been told there is no way you can carry a baby to term then I would not feel it is hopeless. Make sure you have a good high risk Dr. You need someone who specializes in these situations. There are ways they can help your body keep the baby and with teh advances today you know even if your baby is early, it will have the best possible chance at a healthy life, just like your son.
    Don't give up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Somebody please tell me it will al be over soon and that I am going to be ok!!!!!!!!!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks, itsmesteph11 Yes we have talked about a cerclage to stitch my cervix together so I can carry farther than what I did with Zach. I hope it works....
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I will see 2 specialists and they are going to be the best. Nothing but the best when it comes to my kids!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The best thing for you to do is to get a second opinion. As i said in my other post, make sure it is a high risk Dr. There are things they can do for incompetant cervix. You may have a serious case, I don't know but I would get several opinions if I had to. Look you had one baby so I think you would be able to have another. You may end up in the hospital for a few months and you may have another preemie but It's worth a try if you want more kids.
    You can have the blues after a miscarriage, especially after a miscarriage. Hormones are hormones. Please see your Dr or another and get some help.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Good Luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is devastating to lose a baby, and also devastating to lose hope of being able to carry a child. You need to find a good high risk doctor before you become pregnant again. There are things that can be done for an incompetent cevix (cerclage, inverted bedrest, etc.), though you may still suffer more losses before you make it to full term. It is possible, but you really have to be prepared for the possibility that you could have more losses before you get there. If you are willing to proceed knowing you may still suffer, then you need to find the best, most supportive high risk doctor you can. If you believe you have had your limit, then you have to grieve for the loss of your ability to have a baby as well as the loss of your baby. It takes time to get past that kind of trauma. I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• pregnancy no but afterwards yes. Heavy bleeding that resulted in weeks of high dose hormone pills to control it and one D and C. But no regrets.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have placenta previa, and BP issues. With my daughter they decided to induce me at 39 weeks when my BP hit 150/100. My son was opposite. I hit 60/40.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2009