What can I use to store my childrens backpacks, books, ect?

I am looking for a cute, cheap, way to oraganize these things for the afternoons and weekends, so that they don't get lost and we don't spend wasted time looking for this stuff every morning. I live in a small place, and I would like to store the stuff in the living room. I have a coffee table with space under it. Please give me your creative input. It is greatly appreaciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• How about pegs or hooks? They can be placed low on the wall on a board or directly into the wall, similar to what can be used for coats. Perhaps a higher row of pegs or hooks for the coats and a lower one for the packs. :) Another idea is what they used at my son's school, "cubbies"- You can buy cubby hole units and use them for the school items, even shoes.

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What about one of those inexpensive hall trees. You can hang everyones backpacks up. Leave their books in them unless they are doing homework.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have the pretty brushed nickle hooks by the doors for jackets and backpacks. On the bottom of our coffee table I have several canvas baskets that hold books and craft supplies. They are cheap at Walmart and tehy get different colors with the seasons. I bought some deep red ones to match the living room, just measure how tall they can be b4 u go to the store.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have a bench that opens up and i use it for an ottoman/toybox lol. it's really nice. you could just put cardboard to divide it to use for more than one kid. i think i got it for less than $100 which is not bad considering i use it for a toybox and a coffee table lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009