I am trying to lose about 25 lbs. how fast did you lose 25? How did you do it?

I had a baby and packed on a few pounds but the baby wasn't the problem I just got comfortable when I met my hubby and gained 30, lost 5 whole whopping pounds. Any suggestions on getting those other stubborn 25 off?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Want a diet buddy? I'm trying to lose 30 pounds of marriage/baby weight. I suffered a setback on vacation (a cruise is not the time to diet), but I'm back to pre-cruise weight and ready to lose more.

I'm trying the slow but steady method. I've totally given up chocolate and sodas. I'm making small changes to reduce overall calorie and fat content per meal, and I'm eating smaller portions. I'm still eating some of the same foods so I don't feel deprived (that made me binge on past diets). I'm also drinking more water and green tea (which seems to help with the belly bulge).

My DH and I are unable to get a gym membership and it's too hot to work out outside, so I'm not exercising as much as I should yet. When it gets a little cooler, we're going to get some bikes. In the meantime, I try to walk as much as possible.
    Jonsmommy408

Answer by Jonsmommy408 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was super stressed and depressed and 10 lbs slid off. After that I stopped eating fast food and soda, ate when I was hungry stopped when I was full. I watched my portions. I could have lost more if I had exercised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am doing all of that. Minus the exercising because I have ankle and knee issues it hurts them for me to exercise. I sucked it up for a while but I swear it seemed to have made it worse but anyways I weigh 145 not super overweight but about 25 lbs more than what I want to weigh. I guess I need to exercise but I am supplementing exercise with Yoga, the impact is a lot less strenuous on my problematic joints. I went to weigh watchers for a while and I lost ten lbs in like two months, maybe three but since the economy has gotten so bad we are pinching every penny we get so I stopped going. I started working from home to help pay off some bills. I am getting back in my weight loss kick again though.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I swear I could do Yoga like ten times a day. Today was my first day trying it and I loved loved loved it!!! I will continue to do it and more than once a day too. :)
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks just by giving up all refined sugars, white potatoes, white rice, white flour and picking up light exercise. I also didn't eat a lot of those things to begin with, I think the average person eats more of that stuff than I did so they would probably drop more weight. I know a woman that dropped 25 pounds in 6 months by doing the same thing.

Revamp your diet and exercise routine. Eat more fresh fruit and veggies. Eat good carbs (whole wheat bread, whole grains, sweet potatoes).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• this one is easy, stop eating red meat and pork, no more soda and drink plenty of water and walk every day and eat pleanty of vegitable's instead of chips. I lost 150 in one year because i did it. I worked and i love it.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009