My 4 year old is going to school how do i prepare my self for that

mspatton

Asked by mspatton at 10:50 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Prepare yourself? You either take her or put her on the bus...then go enjoy a little time to yourself. Unless you have other kids, then you enjoy the ability to have more one on one time with the other(s).

I'm really confused about what there is to "prepare yourself" for...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think she means to prepare herself for being away from her kid.. Not all parents can just send their kids to school and be soo excited and rejoice over it.

OP, I'm right there with you. My 4 year old is going to school in Sept and I am a freakin mess over it. Not sure how i'm going to do it. He's my baby:(
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My daughter went to school last year.... despite me missing her,which I knew would happen.... it was even harder because she cried for 2 MONTHS... they litterally had to pull her off of me each morning.... I would say with a smile I LOVE YOU SEE YOU AT 2 OCLOCK and turn and leave fast (they teach you this).... i would leave and then my whole day was ruined because I had left her crying! But this year, she is asking, when does school start.... I miss my friends, she says she isn't going to cry and I don't think she will. It was sooo odd at first without her, but eventually I got over it. I wondered why they didn't have a Mom's coffee support group but all the mom's seemed to be happy to leave their kids at school... this year I mgiht be one of them, but I definatley feel you your first year... plus, that is who you are and now for 20 hours a week you will just be YOU, not a Mom... find YOU again adn do something you like!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2009