• In the Spotlight:

Why do you smoke?

Just curious what got you started and why you choose to continue.

Nonsomkers, please don't use this as an excuse to attack smoking and those who choose to do so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I smoke, because I'm on fire. Please put me out!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started smoking at 13 because it was cool and grown up. I quit when I was 20 because it was stupid and immature, expensive, unhealthy and uncool to smell that bad all the time.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Smoking helps to relieve my anxiety but ultimately I smoke because I enjoy it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started smoking at sixteen when I was at parties and as I grew older, it went from a social thing to an everyday thing. I quit when I was pregnant and then the addiction found me again...lol.

I like it and it helps with the stress and calms me down.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started out of boredom. I just went through auriculotherapy and have been smoke free for six days now. Feel great!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started at about 13/14. I smoked throughout until 25. Then I quit when TTC. Then I started smoking ONLY when I drank and now almost 4 years later I still only smoke when I drink, which is maybe 2-3 times a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Congrats jenree! I smoked years ago, but hated the way people smelled at work after they smoked. So I stopped smoking at work, then I moved and didn't smoke in my house. Then I got pregnant and quit completely the moment I saw the positive sign. Now, I only smoke if I drink, but otherwise the idea of a cigarette nauseates me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started smoking when I was about 12 for a number of reasons.. it was cool, it helped eliminate some of the stress in my life at that point, etc.

I quite for about a year when I was 16 and on the schools cross country team (running miles a day and smoking don't go well together, lol). Then when the session was over, I picked it back up..
    quit again when I was pregnant with DD, and the first day out of the hospital I picked one up because i was just so stressed out from the nurses at the hospital (long story). I tried to quit earlier this year.. was doing well, until I had to deal with going to court over issues with the ownership of my car (long story short, I bought a stolen car from a dealership, unknown to me at the time). Come winter I will again try to quit..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009