Should I be worried about my son playing with Barbies?

I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. My husband and I are worried that he likes to play with Barbies and brush their hair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is fine. Let him play and use his imagiantion. Dont try to stop it or make him feel bad, just let him play!!!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh my goodness no! It is awful to worry about such things. He is a toddler trying to figure out the world and his big sister is a part of that. If he wants to play with her and her things let him - it is just play. Should I be worried that my daughter likes to play with her trucks (while wearing a dress and princess crown) ;p
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• YEs you should be very worried he might love em and u will have to buy lots of it lol just kidding
    nothing to worry about
    NewForMe

Answer by NewForMe at 11:12 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He's too young to understand that they are girl toys. Plus, his playmate is his older sister and they play with her toys. Are you seriously worried that your 2.5 year old boy is gay, because he plays with barbies with his big sister? I think that that is ridiculous.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my brother is 16 months younger than me and he id the same thing.. we used to put the barbies in his tonka trucks and push them around the house... he turned out fine.. i wouldnt worry
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Give me a break.
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 11:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Haha. My son used to put on makeup and carry a purse. My husband was convinced he was a homosexual. He's older now and very much a boy! Children don't understand at that age nor do they care. He's just copying his little sister, he'll grow out of it.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Only as worried as you'd be about your daughter playing with Hotwheels.

It doesn't mean anything & there's nothing you could do about it if it did.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• So what? If it bothers that bad buy him a GI Joe. Or get over it.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 11:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son is two years younger than my daughter and he used to love playing with her barbies. His dad hated it and would get so mad, but I told him to just leave him alone, she plays with his trucks, guns, etc.. and no one says anything. He is almost 6 now and most definitly a boy.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 12:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009