With school starting do you think swine flu wll spread rapidly?

Or do you think it's just hyped up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• We already had it so we are not freaking out. We were barely sick. I would only worry if I had health problems, was pregnant or a child under the age of 5. Those people might want to stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I hope it is hype.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think it will probably spread fast and I am hoping everyone wll recover from it well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i think its a whole lot of hype. first off its no more harmful than the normal flu. look at the numbers how many a year are affected by each one? if you've noticed there's talk about a new vaccine coming out soon for the swine flu. to me, its just another way to make money off vaccines. ugh ya, i'm not a fan of how they've scared so many ppl over this. its just like anything else pregnant women, babies, elderly, and those with immune system probs are always gonna have a harder time with sicknesses. my frineds hubby got the swine flu, and he was treated like the reg flu. ya it took him a week or two to get over, but so does reg flu, and he didnt die from it. i think i could ramble on this all day.....so i'll stop haha
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I hope it is hype but I have a feeling that it will spread quickly and be bad. Swine flu has been laying dormant for months and has been gaining strength. I will do what I have to so my son is protected from any flu virus and hope that it will be enough.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think it's hype and no bigger of a deal than the regular flu.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hyped, but not for the spread, it's going to spread like colds an flu but the effect. If you are a healthy person, not an infant or toddler, and not elderly your gonna get a nasty bug, but you will get over it just like the regular flu.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It will spread no faster than it did when school was in session before summer. It will spread no faster than the "normal" influenza that we see every single year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It is hype. My daughter had it the week before finals. It was the flu. three days of fever, two more of cough and congestion.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009