Yoga anyone?

I ordered me and my husband the Tony Horton ten minute trainer and it comes with a Yoga dvd. I tried it and I loved it! My question is, is it supposed to be like an exercise/weigh loss thing or what? Its relaxing but I don't see where you can lose any weight doing it? What is your experience and what is it intended for?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You can definitely lose weight with Yoga, even though it feels relaxing most of the poses work your "core" muscles which will help you become stronger and more flexible, toning your muscles, reducing stress, and improving your mental and physical well-being.

It might be a good idea to make sure you are getting in a cardio exercise a couple times a week along with doing the yoga...

Yoga is not an exercise that will make you drop tons of weight in a short amount of time, but it is a steady way to lose weight and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle...

Good Luck & have fun! :)
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Stretching regimes such as yoga and pilates have been dubbed the best muscle toning exercises for women, because we generally do not want bulk muscle. Yoga offers a ton of mental and physical benefits. I love it.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I only use yoga and pilates as a supplement to my normal exercise routine which includes a lot of cardio and light weight training and toning. Yoga and pilates are more relaxing, help strengthen the core, and increase flexibility. I usually do 1 or 2 segments per week, after a 40 minute cardio session.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009