Those who have gotten a divorce

For those ladies who have gotten a divorce, how did you know it was over? Was it one sided, or was it a mutual decision. What lead up to the divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I cant answer because I have never been married which means that I have never been divorced but this is a great question!

Cant wait to see what people have to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• thats alot of ground to cover for this small space hon..but I think the fact you are questioning this way means that you may have answered some of your own questions...my story is way to long for here...so email me if you'd like and I can maybe lend some support. and if not, good luck to you..
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Mine was 1 sided. To this day 12 yrs later I still am not not what lead up to the divorice he just wanted out. I know there was another woman involved. Sorry I can't help you I'm still baffled by mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I got a divorce but it was over for us years before. I didnt love him because of all the years of fighting and most of it was over his family and holidays. He wouldnt give me a divorce because he said he still loved me but after our last fight and I had a long talk with him he agreed to seperate again but he loved me so much that 2 weeks later he was living with another woman which didnt really bother me the part that did bother me is all those years I had to live with his sorry ass because he wouldnt divorce me
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 12:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i got a divorce cause i saw that my husband wouldn't change and i wanted ot be happy and wanted a different life for my kids and myself. he was a drug addict and went to jail often. stoled money from me and his kids. after all the pain and hurt i just couldn't live ilke that anymore. i finally realized that i needed a better life and without him is the only way to get it. i filed for divorce he didn't want it but he also didn't do anything to improve his life or prove it to me. his drugs were worth more then his family. so i gave him his drugs and left with his family. there are just some things that you have to set boundaries for and honey that was mine.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am not, nor never have been divorced, but I suppose that if I were to call it quits, I would emphatically know for sure that it was over...I think that when you just don't care any more. If you still care, then there's still a chance.

Also, personally, I would only leave for reasons of abuse - physical, emotiona, drug, or alcohol...or serial cheating. I could probably forgive a one time thing, but not an affair or repeated discretions...other than that, I'm in it for the long haul - I committed to my husband for better or worse, and there are plenty of "worse" times that go along with the "better" - there's always a way for us to work out our differences - and I suppose if it came to a time when there wasn't a way, that's when we'd know it was over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009